- Trust your workloads to an enterprise-class hypervisor. You can be confident your workloads will perform on Hyper-V, which Microsoft uses to run hyper scale data centres around the globe. When needed, you also can easily migrate a Hyper-V workload from on-premises to a Windows Server VM in Azure.
- Upgrade efficiently. Upgrade infrastructure clusters to Windows Server 2016 with zero downtime for your Hyper-V or Scale-out file server workloads, and without requiring new hardware, using Mixed OS Mode cluster upgrades.
- Enhance network security. Dynamically segment your network based on workload needs using a distributed firewall and network security groups to apply rich policies within and across segments. Layer enforcement by routing traffic to virtualized firewall appliances for even greater levels of security.
- Build cloud-native and hybrid apps. Create new micro-services applications using fewer and compressed resources, and more agile “just enough” technologies. Use containers to build, test and deploy the apps to any cloud, including Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure. Get ready faster using the lightweight Nano Server installation option, which delivers Windows Server 2016 as a quick-start, practical platform optimized for building next-generation applications with containers or micro-services.
And much more!
Before you download Server 2016, see that your system fulfills the following basic requirements:
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650
- Memory: 512MB
- Free Disk Space: 32GB or more
- OS Drive: 480GB SSD RAID 1 or better
- Processor: 1.4GHZ 64-bit
- Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Drive